As you may recall, Adam and I went on a cruise this past May to celebrate our 5 year anniversary as well as the culmination of 4 loooooong years of Med school. We had such an amazing time and ate some incredibly amazing food. One of the highlights for me was the mouth watering dessert that they offered each night. If you have ever been on a cruise, you know that you are allowed to choose as many of each course as you like, and I was always inclined to pick a couple desserts. The staple dessert for me each night(well, starting night 3 when I discovered it) was Molten Chocolate Cake. Those of you who have traveled on Carnival Cruise lines know exactly what I'm talking about. This dessert is pretty much the best thing I have ever put into my mouth.So, after our cruise was over I made it my mission to find this incredible recipe. I searched the web for several days and couldn't find it anywhere. I actually contemplated writing Carnival Cruise lines and asking them for the recipe. After way too much wasted time, and still no recipe, I gave up my search....until last week. I randomly had the TV on TLC and saw a snippet of an episode of Take Home Chef. They happened to be making dessert when I turned the TV on, and it looked surprisingly similar to my Carnival favorite. Needless to say, I rushed out and bought the ingredients in hopes that this would be the one, the recipe I had been waiting for. And guess what, not only was it incredibly easy to make, but it tasted just as good as I remembered. I'm so excited about this recipe for Molten Chocolate and Espresso Fondants that I have to share it with all of you. I do hope that you try it, and invite me over if you have leftovers:) Happy Baking!
P.S.
This recipe is best when it is served warm, so the guy on the show made it in advance and put it in the fridge until right before dessert to bake it.
1 comment:
check out john heald's blog- http://johnhealdsblog.com/2007/07/31/a-good-day/
he's the sr. cruise director for carnival cruise lines. he posted a recipe for the melting chocolate cake. His post is somewhat long, so scroll down and you'll see the recipe.
Post a Comment