Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We're off to See the Wizard

Last night we went to our class Halloween party at the church. For several days people had been talking about what costumes they were going to wear so I was pretty pumped up about getting all dressed up. We decided to reuse Landon and Jonah's costumes from Mary Alice's birthday party and dress our family like the Wizard of Oz. My sweet neighbor happened to have a Dorothy dress that was just my size and I made Adam a tin man costume. I must say that Adam was the biggest sport to wear this ridiculous costume and paint his entire face silver. I don't know many husbands who would do that just to play along with their wife's silly idea of dressing up like a family. What a sweetie!


As we were on our way to the party Adam was joking about how funny it would be if nobody else dressed up and this was a big practical joke on our family. So we get to the party and open the door to find that only one other couple dressed up. All of the kids were in costume and some of the adults "pretended" they were dressed up, but really it was just us and the youth minister and his wife. I have to say that I was pretty embarrassed at first and didn't even want to walk in the room. I'm so glad that Dusty and Heather went out all (he was an atomic wedgie and she was a school girl nerd). They were so embarrassed when they walked in the room that Heather ran and hid and made her husband walk in alone. Ha!! Despite the costume dilemma, we had a great time hanging out with friends and letting the kids run around and play on the bounce house. What a bunch of fuddie duddies we have in our class:)


The only cool people who actually dressed up (or at least said they were dressed up!)

Left to right: Dusty and Heather (atomic wedgie/schoolgirl nerd), Adam and Alisha (tin man/Dorothy), Amanda (Ladybug), Elizabeth and Chris (E-mail/attachment)
Our Pumpkins
(It's hard to see in this picture, but Daddy carved a Tiger and the boys and I painted ours)
Landon helping Daddy dig a hole for our tree

9 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I am always so paranoid that someone will do that to me. Well, you guys look great! What a fun photo.

Amber Smith said...

Love the tin man! You're right, they are fuddy duds! I hate it when people don't dress up for a costume party.

I blew up the picture of you all in costume and Mary Alice said, "That man is scary!" about your wedgie friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww..you guys looked so cute! So, you are in Temple??? How are things going?

Lindsey

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

You all were so cute! Thank you so much for posting the pics. Amber is right, we were all fuddy duddies!! I know this sounds so seventh grade, but I did have a little witch hat on that I took off when I sat down to eat. I know-- too little, too late!

We do need to get together. Our boys are both so close in age to each other's. It would be silly not to hang out!

Don't be embarassed-- you were THE HIT of the party!

Lisa Renee said...

You guys look GREAT! I ALWAYS want to dress up but Trent is not real into it. Glad you had a great time anyway, love ALL the pictures!

Jennifer said...

Haha! Yep, not sure why none of us dressed up this year! Last year, EVERYONE dressed up and that has been the norm for every party before. I thought y'all were the cutest though! I guess the rest of us were just lazy this year. Go figure.
--jen j.

Kristen said...

Very cute costumes! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you looked like the perfect, creative, and interesting family! Don't feel bad that everyone did not dress up. I'm sure that they all wished that they had as much imagination and creative spirit as you do.
Much love, Mayre

Anonymous said...

How precious! Everyone looks so adorable. Don't worry about no one else really dressing up, by that, all of you stole the show. ;) Brandon also wanted to mention that if you and the boys wouldn't have been in the family picture, he would have hardly recognized Adam! I pray everyone's doing well and that you all have a wonderful weekend!