Thursday, June 07, 2007

Happiness is...

Well, it's official. I will have to change the name of my blog because we no longer live in West Texas. We traded in our air purifiers and lotion for air conditioners and raincoats when we moved to good 'ol Central Texas.

Four years ago when Adam started medical school in Lubbock, I really had a hard time adjusting to being in a new town for the first time in my life. Not knowing where to go and what their was to do was difficult considering I was alone most of the time while Adam was studying. In fact, I went around singing "Happiness is Lubbock, TX in the rearview mirror." Then, we joined Greenlawn and established some incredibile friendships. We found a place where we didn't just fit in, but where we could be used by God. It's amazing how He always provides for us when we are in need.

As I think about the last four years and all of the changes our family has gone through I am so happy that we are starting a new chapter in our lives. We've gone from two to four, loans to an actual paycheck, and renting a junky duplex to owning our own home. We made it through Med School and our marriage is stronger than ever. I sure am going to miss our life in Lubbock but I know that God has a plan for us here and that He will provide for us.

I am going to try very hard to keep my blog updated (at least with pics) for all of our far away friends who are wondering what we've been up to. We miss you!


Our trip to the Waco zoo was surprisingly eventful. Who knew such a small town could host such a beautiful attraction?
Taylor's Wedding
My two handsome little men. Landon
and his cousin were bell ringers (or, as
they put it,"We walked down the pile in our tuxpheedos.")




Will it ever stop raining here?















Adam and Landon playing on the water equipment at a local park.

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Thank you SOOOO much for finally blogging again! I have been thinking about you a bunch and wondering what all is goin on!

Hey- I think we have actually gotten more rain than where you are at if you can believe it!!

I have to salute you for sitting inside a fake snake- even though its fake, it gives me the eebie geebies looking at it!

Love the hair boys! Adam is looking hot all punk! AND YOU............GORGEOUS in that wedding pic. I miss you and look forward to keeping up on your blog again.

Amber Smith said...

Glad you're back! I love the picture of Jonah in the mud!!!

The boys were SO sweet this week.
I am dying to see Taylor's wedding pictures.

Lisa is right, you did look GORGEOUS at the wedding. (And even in your lovely Marie Antoinette dress :)

You need to post some pics of your vacation. I want to hear all about it.

The Binkley Family said...

I am glad that you have rejoined us on the blogging. I found it to be one of the best things ever, especially when we moved. I really find it to be cheap therapy sometimes! :)

Glad you guys are adjusting to residency. You won't believe how fast that journey will also end.

A D said...

You're back!!!!
Thanks for the pics - they are great!!
You look absolutely fabulous in that wedding pic and so skinny in the fake reptile.
I miss you bunches and your sweet boys (Adam included).
Miss you!!