Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Fun

The last few weeks have been rather eventful around our house. Who knew that moving into a brand new home could be such hard work? My two favorite stores have become Lowes and Home Depot. We put in three flower beds, a fence, and painted the kitchen this past week. Adam's dad and brother came down and were extremely helpful installing our new additions. After all of the work was done we headed to Sea World in San Antonio for some R& R. Here are some pics for your enjoyment:


How many guys does it take to dig a post hole?

The dirt here is less like dirt and more like solid limestone so the guys had to rent a jack hammer to do it. In hindsight 95 degree weather probably wasn't the best time to take on this endeavour but the guys were troopers and now we are able to enjoy having a fenced in backyard.





This was Jonah's first encounter with cotton candy. It's funny because he will put any and everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) from the floor into his mouth, but when given a ball of delicious puffed sugar he was very apprehensive. After a forced taste he changed his tune rather quickly.





Grandpa has quite an impressive collection of used motorcycles that he fixes up. I have a feeling Landon will be wanting to ride one soon enough.







What a coincidence! We ran into one of my dearest friends from Lubbock while we were at Sea World. Caden and Landon were playmates and they got to see each other again for a bit.
Landon getting ready for his first roller coaster ride on the Shamu Express. They almost didn't let him ride because the guy operating it said he was 1mm too short. We had Landon stand up extra tall and they him on.














What a long day!



Jonah just learned to eat Cheerios and we have learned that they buy us a few moments of peace while I am trying to make supper. When he runs out though, he lets you know about it.

I was cutting some vegetables the other day so I asked Landon to go and give his brother some more Cheerios. When I walked into the room this is what I saw. Not exactly what I had in mind.

5 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I am glad you guys have been enjoying your summer. We are planning to go to Sea World next week. It looks like you guys had fun there.

A D said...

Sea World how fun!! I love the cheerios, that is too funny!!!
We need pics of the house!!!
Miss you x0x0!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so overjoyed to see how well everything seems to be going for you and your precious family! It was adorable to see and hear (from Brandon) about Landon's Cheerio incident with Jonah...he's so precious! I pray that all is well in Temple and that everyone is healthy and happy.

Mary

Lisa Renee said...

That tray of cheri-o's made me laugh out loud. FUNNY. Glad all is well!

The Binkley Family said...

Hey, I wanted to let you know you have been "tagged" at my blog.