Sunday, September 07, 2008

Terrific Two's

I can't believe that Jonah is already two. It seems like just yesterday I was carrying that little bundle around in my belly and now he's just all grown up. This buddy sure has been a blessing to our family these past two years. Here are just a few things that I want to remember about Jonah at this age:

Right now Jonah is at the stage where he is just soaking up the world around him. Everyday is a new learning experience and an adventure ready to be had.



He is definitely ALL boy. If there's an ant or bug crawling around you can bet he's ready to stomp it till it's dead.

One of his favorite things to say right now is , "that's poo poo", mostly to get a reaction out of his brother.
Physical tasks seem to come pretty easily for Jonah and he has an amazing throw. We're still not sure what hand is dominant as he uses both with ease for different things.

He has this sweet little laugh and is always trying to get people to laugh at him and his antics. When he's being disciplined he is very good at trying to "change the subject" and make us laugh at something else. Sometimes we cave because he's just too cute. (I think we're getting lax in our old age:)

He's started saying prayers at meals and bedtime and it's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. He makes sure to thank God for our family as well as each item on his plate. If he has three strawberries that day he will thank God for each and every one as he touches it.

He loves his big brother and wants to do and say everything that Landon does.

If you ask Jonah what he wants to be when he grows up he will tell you one of two things: "I want to be ophthalmology," or " I want to be superman." (both of which are admirable professions)

When people ask him how old he is he always says "I'm four."

He's already planning for the future. Last week he said, "When I get bigger, can I have some gum."

Here are a few pics:



First Birthday


Second birthday
3D Motorbike Cake (by special request from Jonah)
Motorcycle cousins in do rags

10 comments:

Beth said...

That is too cute!! He is such a sweetie, and your family makes me smile every time I see you!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH!!! :)

mindy said...

Oh! What a sweet boy! Happy bday Jonah! Alisha, you are such a cute, fun mama! I love seeing pics and hearing stories about your sweet family!

Amber Smith said...

Alisha,

I am glad that Jonah had a wonderful birthday. He is such a sweet buddy. I am so glad that he is a part of your family and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with him. You guys have a great week.

Amber :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Jonah!! We enjoy having him in our Sunday class! Great pictures.

Klamfam said...

Wow, looks like ya'll are doing great! Your boys are cute as a button!

Anonymous said...

I really missed coming to his birthday party, but I will definitely be keeping up with your blog. :)

Amanda said...

Happy bday Jonah! He's such a cutie!

I have to say - I just read your previous post about the "conspiracy theory." Totally agree. I hate the biased media.

Anonymous said...

time to learn how to suck c--k buddy, my kids all started at 2, my youngest is 12 she still sucks daddys c--k and I am f----ing her too,nothing better than p----en secs, f----d the oldest until she got engaged at 21, but I prefer my p---y undaage, my boy sucked too and tried ass f----ng him but he didn't like it so I stopped,

Anonymous said...

the cutie on the left needs her pu--y stretched and I would gladly use my c--k to do it she would f--k good