Thursday, September 04, 2008

Conspiracy Theory

I've never really used my blog as a political forum before, but I am just so amazed by the audacity of the left wing media that I have to comment on it. Those of you who watched the GOP convention last night saw the party leaders publicly criticize the media for their biased coverage and I must say that I absolutely agree.
The media was very quick to give Palin "pseudo praise" last night in an effort to seem unbiased. Their praise centered around the the fact that the speech was good. "Palin delivered a great speech," they said. This was an obvious attempt to portray Palin as a good speech deliverer rather than the real person who is behind the speech. We all know that Republicans and Democrats alike have speech writers, but Palin is more than just a puppet behind a teleprompter, and she has already proved that with her record as well as her lifestyle.
I have also been watching the different public opinion polls lately, and have been feeling a sense of sadness and defeat in the fact that Obama is still in the lead. Today however, as I was looking at the Rasmussen reports I noticed in small print at the bottom of the page were statistics for the target audience that is being polled. To my astonishment these were the stats:

For September, the targets are 39.7% Democrat, 32.1% Republican and 28.2% unaffiliated. For the month of August, the targets were 40.6% Democrat, 31.6% Republican, and 27.8% unaffiliated.

It's no wonder these polls have Obama slightly leading when the target group is easily made up of 7-9% more Democrats than Republicans. My theory is that the Democratic media are doing all they can to convince Americans that Obama is "the guy." After all, most people want to be on the side of the winner right?
Well, I'm just not buying into these media tactics anymore. From now on I will be considering the source of my information (and its affiliation) and taking it with a grain of salt. I encourage my readers to do the same.
Just to prove a point:
Liberal Media Bias on Display

2 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I was pretty upset too. We were watching CNN and they came out and said, "well, you know she has people that help her write her speech." Ummm...and Obama writes all of his on his own?

This has definitely been a frustrating year, and the media is definitely biased. I just feel sorry for the suckers out there who believe everything they hear and don't THINK for themselves!

A D said...

Fox News does a better job of not being biased.
It is really sad. I thought Charles Gibson's interview with her was so horrible. He was so condescending. And the View with McCain. I can't wait til McCain wins and they all have to eat crow.
Anyway, miss and love you lots.