I know this is very unlike me to have two posts in one week, but I have something on my mind that has been bothering me and I just have to get it out so I can stop thinking about it. As you all know I have a six week old baby at home. As the weather gets cold I am realizing that I don't have any clothes that fit me right now. I have one pair of jeans that my sister in law gave me after my last pregnancy, but they don't quite fit the same way they did last time. My theory is that during my last pregnancy I gained mostly water weight due to the pre-eclampsia, but this pregnancy I actually gained more fat. Anyway, I have turned into one of those women who walk around with clothes that are way too tight. You've all seen them. They walk around with skin tight jeans with a jelly roll hanging over them. Yes, I have become one of them, and it is especially bad when I am sitting down. I really don't have much of a choice right now though. It's either walk around with my jelly roll or buy new clothes (which we can't afford). Even if we could, I don't intend to stay this size, so it would be pointless to buy new things. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and start working out at the gym. I was so proud of myself as I walked into the body sculpt class and got my weights. Their were about 20 other girls in class that day and I was hoping that I could keep up since it had been so long since I'd worked out. As the teacher had everyone stand up to start warm ups she looked at me and remembered me from her classes before. In front of the whole class she said," I see a little pooch!!! How far along are you now?" I was so embarrassed. My face was bright red as I explained that I already had the baby. I think she was trying to make matters better as she said," Oh, I'm sorry I though you were like 9 months pregnant." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Nine months pregnant? I'm so sure. I think I look pretty good considering I just had a watermelon in my tummy 6 weeks ago. I was so embarrassed that I debated on whether or not I should leave the class, but decided to tough it out instead. After all, apparently I have a very large pooch to get rid of - so large that I look 9 months pregnant to some. That workout was one of the best workouts I have ever done. I had really good motivation to push myself this time. After class, the instructor came over and apologized again. She walked with me to see my baby, but then proceeded to ask me if Jonah was chunky for his age because he looked fat. Can you believe the nerve of some people? I've put my foot in my mouth several times before, but I can't imagine doing it twice to the same person in less than an hour. I guess the moral of this story is..... we all need to be more careful of the things we say.Whew.... I'm really glad I got that off of my chest. So the next time you see me, please feel free NOT to comment on my bulging belly.
Jonah has put on a little weight but I would hardly call him chunky:)
7 comments:
That is the funniest thing I have seen. YOu make me laugh. I like your new title line.
I really enjoyed yesterday, we need to do it again soon.
Honey, I know how you feel. That must be so frustrating! Glad you can have a sense of humor about it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Focus on those two little bundles of joy, and let time and metabolism take their course!
That was too funny! The pictures I mean, not the comments from the lady in class. I have to say I totally disagree with her and think you look great, I don't even see the pooch! Alisha, you are beautiful, everyone knows it......that lady must have been jealous! What a beast.
that is the funniest thing I've ever seen(sorry to repeat someone, but that's what I was going to put anyway) That lady sounds super rude. I knew Jonah was going to be a good athlete, but I didn't really think of him as a SUMO wrestler.
Alisha-
You are hilarious! Mary Alice saw me reading this post. When she saw the picture of you she asked, "What happened to Alisha?" and then said, "That picture is embarrassing!"
I am SO sure that you do NOT look 9 months pregnant! All I ever heard both before and after this pregnancy was just how GREAT you look. That woman was smoking something. I do know how you feel,though. I am confident that it won't take you too long to be able to fit into your old clothes.
I love Jonah and think he is ADORABLE, fat rolls and all!
Aleisha,
You have THE MOST beautiful family! The boys are gorgeous! Time does fly! It is so wierd you found my blog. I met your mom last week at the job fair in Abilene. i went and introduced myself because whose last name is Shurgot!! :) She told me you had two little boys, I couldnt believe it! Email me if you get a chance...katiem@arrowford.com! It was so good to hear from you!
you are so silly! I'm sure you look beautiful :)
Post a Comment