Wednesday, October 11, 2006

God is in Control

So many things have been going on at the Stewart's this past week. On Wednesday I got a pretty hefty bill from a trip to the ER in Oklahoma from last March. The insurance said that it was going to be taken care of, but I got this letter stating that I would be sent to a collection agency if I did not pay. I called the hospital and explained the situation and they said that the insurance decided not to pay it because it was out of state. This was extremely frustrating to me since I had called the insurance company before my ER visit to make sure it was covered. After explaining the whole situation to the hospital she talked with her supervisor and they dropped the bill. I feel bad that they lost that money, but the insurance company should have paid it like they said they would. God truly was taking care of us because their is no way that we could afford a bill like that right now. Isn't it amazing how God looks out for us?

Adam finished applying for Ophthalmology Residency a couple of weeks ago (one of these days I'm going to learn how to spell that word). He hadn't heard from anyone wanting an interview so he called the Match Program and they said that his application was not complete. They were still waiting on a recommendation letter. Adam was very frustrated because the secretary at Tech said she sent it but apparently she didn't send it to the right e-mail address. By the time Adam was able to get her to send it again the Match had already sent out a batch of applications. This means that his application won't be processed until next week sometime. The sad thing is that many of the program deadlines are this week. Adam is trying to call all of the programs and explain what happened, but I'm not sure if they will make an exception. I have knots in the pit of my stomach just thinking about it. We are praying that everything will work out. I'm not sure what God is trying to show us through this experience. Ophthalmology is very competitive and for Adam to miss half of the school's deadlines is pretty scary. We know that God is in control, so to all of my prayer warriors out there please cover us with prayers these next couple of months. If Adam is meant to work in this field, then God can make it happen despite these terrible circumstances.

On a happier note, we celebrated the first cool day in Lubbock this past week. We have had unseasonably warm temperatures for quite some time, so as soon as the temp got below 70 we decided to celebrate with a fire in our fireplace. Their is nothing more relaxing then the crackling of a fire on a cold night. Adam and Landon got the bright idea to roast some marshmallows and make smores. I have never seen Landon so giddy. He was running around the house with this silly little laugh. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I think he really enjoyed himself. I thought he would remember more about Fall from last year, but I guess he was too small. If he thinks this was fun, he is going to love Halloween.

Here are some pics from last week. Enjoy!





















A balloon artist made this for Landon at the ice cream shop. I'm not sure if it's Lilo or Stitch, but I know it's from the movie.

1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

Keep faith that the Lord will send you where you are meant to be. Trust me, it is not always where you think it will be. I never dreamed I would be here, but here we are, and couldn't be happier!