I missed my ultrasound appt yesterday because I confused it with my Dr. appt today and I was really upset to learn I'd have to wait another week to see our sweet little baby. I am very grateful, however, for our sweet Dr. who happened to have an ultrasound machine and decided to look around for us today. We got to see some very sweet images of our little bundle and we are 99% sure that we are having another sweet little boy. We are so excited and can't wait for this baby boy to join our family. In honor of our little boy I am posting some reasons why it is great to be the mother of 3 boys:
Boys love their mom, always.
Boys bring their mom flowers, pretty dandelions growing in the yard.
Boys play hard and sleep hard.
I am the prettiest person in our house.
I smell better than everyone else in the house.
I get the most closet space.
My closet overflow can go into the boys' closets.
My hairdryer and hairbrush are always right where I left them.
They protect me from spiders.
They protect me from ants.
They hold my hand in the store, so I won't get lost.
They think I am beautiful (and not only when they want something).
I am expected to take the longest to get ready, and it is fine with them.
Sports Night for the boys, Bubble Bath Night for me.
If we find an earring, everyone knows who lost it.
I can easily pick out my socks from a basket of whites.
I will never have to take out the garbage.
I will never have to mow the lawn.
I don't have to learn to use a barbecue grill.
Boys are easy to shop for: Levis, t shirt, tennis shoes.
Boys need 3 pairs of shoes: tennis shoes, dress shoes, and crocs.
Boys wear white athletic style socks, no frilly ribbons, no colors, just varying stages of white.
Boys are easy to feed: they eat everything, everything in sight!
Boy haircuts are cheaper than girls.
Boys need a comb and water to fix their hair.
No barrettes.
No ponytail holders.
No hair ribbons.
No collection of different shaped hairbrushes.
No curling irons.
No flat irons.
No braiding.
No bad hair days.
A boy bathroom: shampoo and conditioner all in one and hopefully a bar of soap.
I get the most counter space in the bathroom.
No Barbie = no crazy body image issues with daughters.
I have no idea what "An American Girl" doll is or why anyone needs one.
I know the most direct route to the Emergency Room.
I know how to check if a nose is broken.
I look better in pink than anyone else in the house.
There is always a sporting event to go watch.
I can escape to the spa by myself.
Someday I will get to buy 3 mother of the groom dresses.
Someday I will get to dance with each of my sons at their weddings.
We are blessed to have the privilege of raising Godly men who are leaders.
We teach them to respect women.
We teach them that women are delicate flowers to cherish and appreciate.
We teach them to never, ever hurt a woman.
I get to have "daughters" later, when shopping with them will be more fun.
Boys open doors for me.
Boys snuggle and cuddle, no matter how old they are.
When trying to find their swimsuit you only have to find one piece.
It takes 30 seconds for them to get dressed.
It takes 3 minutes for them to eat breakfast.
They can be up and out the door in under 5 minutes.
No screeching in the house.
No high pitched screaming screams of joy.
If someone screams you know the situation is serious.
I have an excuse for the bathroom being dirty.
When traveling by car and their bladders reach capacity just pull over and let them go.
When out as a family, Daddy takes everyone to the bathroom.
No worries about having an accident because the bathroom line is too long.
No one in the house with competing estrogen levels.
Boys don't gossip.
No girl drama.
Brothers stick together
Are Blogs Still A Thing?
3 years ago
9 comments:
Yay for Baby BOY Stewart #3! I am so overjoyed for you guys! Brandon's already planning future camping trips to take with our boy (!) and Adam and your THREE boys. I'm so looking forward to our boys growing as best buds, I only pray they'll have such the relationship that Brandon and Adam have. Be aware though: I WILL be asking lots of questions - I grew up in a home with four girls, so this is an ENTIRELY new adventure! Oh yay for sweet little boys!
Yea!! I am so happy for you guys. And now my little one will have another boy his age to play with. :)
Congratulations! I completely agree about the fact that boys are much easier to "maintain." I remember when Ty was first born, I would change his diaper, put a shirt, pants, and white socks on him, and think--is that all? Can I already be done dressing him? Having a girl first taught me to appreciate the simplicity of dressing boys :-)
Boys are fun...and you already are a pro at them! I am glad that you will get to add another to your family.
Wow, another boy, how wonderful! We love little boys. And I love your list of why having three boys is the greatest blessing in the world. Congratulations!
Congrats you guys! I know Landon and Noah will be great BIG brothers and I L-O-V-E-D your list about boys...so true!!!
Congrats~! You have quite the list there! Very fun. Can't wait to see him!
Congrats~! You have quite the list there! Very fun. Can't wait to see him!
I hope everything is going well... Dustin and I will be in Texas next weekend... wish we could see you guys! Cannot wait for the third boy to come!
-Tessa
Post a Comment