Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Appreciation

Thanks for all of your input on my last post. I think the general consensus is to name your child whatever name you like, disregarding it's popularity or "takenness" (is that a word?). Good thing we don't have to decide any time soon:)
I have always been proud of my sweet hubby and thankful for all of the things he does for our family. Yesterday I thought of another reason I appreciate my husband. If you are in need of some more reasons to appreciate your husband feel free to steal my idea. It goes something like this:
Listen to your husband tell you for 2 weeks how much he wishes he had time to mow the yard because it's getting embarrassingly long. Then wait another week to make sure that the grass is good and tall (about a foot high). Wake up in the morning and decide that you will surprise your husband by mowing the lawn for him today, despite the fact that you have never mowed a yard in your 26 years of life. Make sure to choose a day when the weather is around 95 degrees or so, and wait until the baby is taking his noon nap so it will be nice and hot. Then go outside and fiddle with the mower for 30 minutes until you get the thing figured out. Proceed to take an hour to mow the yard, deciding after the front is done that your muscles are so sore that your body CAN NOT physically handle mowing the back.
TRUST ME, this is a surefire way to TRULY appreciate your husband. An added bonus is that he will be so surprised when he gets home that you will get some extra hugs and kisses. He won't even ask you if you hired someone to do it. Somehow he will just know:)

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

That sounds like a plan...but I am not sure that I will be trying that out! :)

Hannah Ruthie said...

you are super sweet Alisha and I want to see you sometime. I liked your no reservations idea. :)

Kristen said...

I tried that once too when Casey was in school! I was a crazy experience! I bet he was appreciative. :)