Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ella's Prescription for Contentment

I want to thank you all for the encouraging words after my last blog. I am so blessed to have family and friends who I know are praying for me. After my last rant I was praying and I began to think back to a book that I recently read called Calm my Anxious Heart. (I strongly recommend this book to every woman. It has done wonders for me in helping me to be a more positive person and to remember that God is the one who is in control, not me.) Anyway, I want to share a snippet from the book called "Ella's prescription for contentment".

*Never allow yourself to complain about anything-not even the weather.
*Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
*Never compare your lot with another's.
*Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
*Never dwell on tomorrow-remember that [tomorrow] is God's, not ours.

Those words are so true and I'm afraid that I have not been content in all of my circumstances. I am ready for a new day in which I will practice the habit of being content. God has truly blessed me and I am so thankful for that.

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)

3 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Oh Alisha! I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were doing. I can relate to your struggle for joy (as if I had to tell you that!:) You have been such an encouragement to me during my valleys. I hope I can do the same for you. I am praying for you! Love you!

Lisa Renee said...

your post has blessed me today. Thank you for sharing Ella's words for contentment! I am taking on that mindset from this moment forward! We missed you in Ladies Class Tuesday and at lunch. Are you ever coming back????????????

The Binkley Family said...

Thanks for sharing that. I needed to hear that today, myself. Glad you are feeling better.