Wheew. What a busy week. It seems like we have been celebrating all week long.
Adam and I had our four year anniversary last Thursday. We decided not to buy each other gifts this year because money is pretty tight right now. Fourth year medical school brings about more expenses than loan money allows so we are having to get creative with our budget. Anyway, the traditional four year anniversary gift is fruit or flowers so I decided to make Adam a little something. Technically I didn't buy him a present, I just bought some fruit that was on my grocery list and made a little something:) Mawmaw helped me make the most beautiful flower arrangement out of fruit. I found a picture on the internet from an edible arrangement shop and we copied it. We cut pineapple with flower cookie cutters and made chocolate dipped strawberries for the tulips. It took us all morning long, but turned out pretty incredible. (As soon as I figure out how to add pictures to my blog I'll post it.) Adam was shocked when I met him at the hospital with this huge arrangement. He and his coworkers all loved it. He was a little embarassed because he took the "let's not get presents" conversation to heart and really didn't get me a present. Going out to dinner with him and spending time together was present enough for me though. Especially considering that the Mavs were playing that night. Nothing says love like missing an NBA finals game for your honey.
On Sunday I woke up bright and early and made Adam a special father's day breakfast before church. He rarely gets a home cooked breakfast because he usually leaves for work before we get up. Landon was very excited about giving his daddy the present we made. They have a little place here called the Mud Room where you buy unfinished pottery and paint it yourself. It's pretty inexpensive and very fun to do. After you paint the pottery they fire it for you so that it's safe to eat on it and put into the dishwasher. Landon and I made a grill platter for Adam that had Landon's footprint on it. I painted a shoe around his footprint and put a sweet little poem on it. The poem said:
Here is my little footprint,
one day it will fit your shoe.
I watch what you are doing...
because Daddy I want to be just like you.
Adam thought that it was the sweetest thing he had ever seen. I didn't see any tears, but you could tell that he was so proud to be Landon's daddy.
For lunch I told Adam that I would take him out to eat anywhere he wanted to go. Since we never eat Chinese food and it's Adam's favorite he decided to go to a Chinese buffet. I was surprised that I actually liked it. Normally I don't like Chinese food because it's very greasy and always makes me tired after I eat it. After we ate we headed to the register to pay for our meal and were shocked by the price. We asked the woman at the register why it was so expensive and she directed our attention to a small hand printed sign on the window that we had failed to notice. The sign read: "Happy Father's Day! Father's Day Special : $7.50 per adult. We love you!" Now, reading this sign you might interpret it as a "special deal" or you might think that their were "special" items on the buffet for this Father's Day occasion. You would be wrong though. Their were no special buffet items and the price was actually more expensive than usual. We paid the bill and made jokes all the way home about jacking up prices on holidays and calling it a "Special Deal". A few hours later we came to realize that the Chinese restaurant actually had given us something "special". A little extra present to go home with that would last the whole night through. I don't want to go into too many details for fear of grossing you out, but Adam ended up sick all night long. What a great Father's Day present from our friends at Chinese Garden. Happy Father's Day!
Are Blogs Still A Thing?
3 years ago
6 comments:
I am reading your blog! Glad you are back on the bandwagon!
I bet Adam loved that platter! And how neat to do the fruit flower arrangement. I have seen them but am too sissy to try it out.
Have a great week!
I am glad you had a great anniversary and Father's day.
Glad your still blogging.
Ooooo, sorry to hear about that! I always avoid Chinese buffets for that very reason!! Your platter sounds so cute! Is that Mudroom place nice? I saw it just before we moved but didn't have a chance to stop in. Keep up the blogging...it's fun to see what's happening back in Lubbock. Crisanne
What a sweet Father's Day gift! You are always such a thoughtful gift giver. I'd love to see that fruit arrangement you made! It sounds cute. Post some pictures soon.
You have to watch out for those Chinese food restaurants. Last year I read a list of all of the restaurants in Garland and their ratings from the health food department. The Chinese food places scored the lowest (BY FAR!!)
awww...I just found your blog! I'm glad Landon actually likes me now. :) I miss you guys!
Post a Comment